The Gulf Coast Trade Center has served disadvantaged youth and young adults since 1971. Our Cameron County program has been in operation since 2003.
Our goal is to promote social and economic independence of disadvantaged youth and young adults.
We provide a number of services:
- GED (General Educational Development) certificate preparation,
- Occupational training,
- Work readiness,
- Financial literacy,
- Business computer information systems,
- Tutorial assistance,
- Career exploration and advice,
- Financial aid applications, and
- Job placement.
We have a number of successes:
- Our 2011 Graduation ceremony
- Six students obtained their GED certificate in one month, and
- Seven students entered employment last month!