We will be doing free income returns for the second year in a row at the Harlingen Outreach Center. We are located at 1102 S. Commerce, Harlingen, Texas (Old Harlingen Police Dept.)
Dorothy Timm and Annie Romero will be the coordinators both are certified and trained by the IRS.
Please remember that income taxes this year cannot be submitted prior to January 31st. However we will start completing returns starting January 27th and will not submit to the IRS until the 31st.
We hope that you take advantage of this free service and e-file. The majority of our clients received their returns direct deposit last year within 7-10 days.
Please note: If you are married you will not be allowed to file separate and single. If you file jointly both spouses need to be present in order to sign return.
We do not keep records of income taxes once they are accepted by the IRS. All documents are shredded immediately due to confidentiality. Individuals will walk out of the site with a hard copy for their records.
What you need to bring:
- Valid photo identification.
- All W-2 and 1099 forms for 2013.
- Proof of Social Security numbers for yourself and all dependents (original cards or letter).
- Last year’s tax return.
- For direct deposits: routing number and account number or a canceled check.
- 1098 form, if you have a student at college.
- Any other tax documents for income or expenses that apply to your specific tax situation.
- If Married Filing Jointly, both spouses must be present.
Harlingen Outreach Center
1102 S. Commerce St.
Harlingen, Texas 78550
Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays: 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM
January 27 – March 10 (Closed Monday, Feb. 17)
No appointment necessary.